This picture of the 5 babies was taken a few weeks before Emmett died. I text it to him when he was at work one day to give him a little smile.
On March 11, 2011 we lost our father and husband Emmett Michael Corrigan tragically late in the evening in a Walgreens parking lot. The hardest thing I had to do the next morning was to tell my 5 children that their hero was gone. To try to explain death to a child is a very daunting feat, but to try to explain to a child that they will never again see their father in this life time....that is the worst pain I have ever felt. The whirl wind of emotions doesn't just effect us adults. Children go through the same grief processes as we do, but we all go through the emotional process in our own time and in our own way. Each of us is in a different phase of our grief and in our healing. Time has passed and our scars have slowly started to fill, but many wounds are left and the pains we still face every day are at times unbearable. I watch the hurt in my children daily as we speak of the past and the trauma we all have been through. Their fears have softened but their aches and their tears still tear me up as I hold them, some times helpless with how to help them heal. As March draws so close, and almost a year has passed, my children have presented many needs that I feel this blog can bring for them. They want to remember the good times. They want to hear the beautiful stories of their father who was so wonderful at so many things. In a death that has been covered fully by the local news and with a murder trial that has not even begun, they have been told by many people and friends at school all the rumors and horrible details that no child should have ever heard. I want this blog to be a tribute to their father who we all worshiped and was so loved by all he ever met. Please leave stories for my babies to read, now and in the years to come. As they reflect on their father they can remember all the good he was in so many peoples lives. Please keep this blog wholesome and fun and feel free to tell my sweet children what Emmett meant to you. Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement to our family as we moved forward and as we continue to heal.
I am going to go through old pictures with the kids and have them post their favorites with their stories to share with every one too.


52 comments:
I am your Daddy's cousin Jenn Irvin :) I loved watching Emmett throw Teage up in the air and seeing the huge smiles they had!
Emmett was a role model for me, for the type of husband and father I want to be. Emmett had that spirit about him that everyone just loved to be around, a few missionaries including me knew Emmett in Washington and we would always talk about how cool Emmett is and how we wanna hang out with him and just talk with him! I just wanna tell the kids how much I grew to love Emmett in the short period of time I knew him. I love you guys and always hope for the best for your family!
I didn't know Emmett very well but was always impressed with his friendliness and to see him being so warm and loving with children, reading to them, playing with them. Some time after Emmett had passed he appeared beside a tree in my yard to a sensitive friend of mine as we were talking peacefully. He told her he was so sorry for what had happened and was worried about how his wife and children would go on without him. Emmett asked my friend to request of me and my husband that we extend an offer of help. Emmett said he was going to visit Ashlee to tell her how sorry he was and then would be going into The Light.
I have known your daddy since we were little kids. Our dads have been best buddies since they played football at Utah State. I was very surprised one morning when I walked into my new gym and saw your dad Emmett working out. It had been a long time since I had seen him. From then on, I would see him every morning at the gym and he would tell me stories about you. He always had such a big smile as he talked about his favorite little kids. Sometimes he even showed me pictures he had taken on his phone. He was so proud to be your daddy!!! I'm sure he is up in heaven still talking about you to everyone he meets. I think about your daddy was one of the most friendly people I've ever known. Love Amanda Milbrandt-Ashdown
I met your Dad at Grandma Honey's life celebration. It was the first time I had met ALL of you. I fell in love with your whole family. You guys are all so beautiful, smart, outgoing, polite and much more. You are the kind of kids I wanted mine to be like. I knew that it was because you guys had such awesome parents. The way your Dad looked at each of you, was pure love. He was happy when he was with his family. Always smiling. Like Jennifer said I loved watching him throw Teage in the air and dance with Bostyn & Bailey! :) Kaleeya was just a baby then but he was just as comfortable holding her as he was rough housing with Teage. I don't have many memories and I know Kyle will have more from when he was younger but your Mom is right, he touched everyone's life. He will always be remembered. Love lives forever. Love you guys all.
Kylie Corrigan
(Your Dads Cousin-Kyles-Wife)
I did not know your father Emmett but I knew your mother Ashlee. She was my daughter Jessica's friend in High School. It was always so joyful when she came to visit! What a wonderful young woman your mother was and has grown into being as an adult woman.
Ashlee, my prayers go out to you and your children. I pray that God protects all of you and heals your wounds from you tragic loss of your husband and father of your children.
May God bless and keep you, Beth Gilmartin-Wood
The first time I met Emmett was when he was dating Ashlee in college. I remember thinking what a nice guy he was and that he treated Ashlee like a queen. I also remember when Ashlee was pregnant with the twins, and how very excited they both were for their babies to be born.
My favorite memory of Emmett was when Bostyn and Bailey were born. I visited you sweet babies in the little apartment in Logan and Emmett was so proud. Rightly in awe of your mom who was wonder woman birthing twins, amazed at the doctor and his care, and so enamored with his beautiful baby girls. You were so tiny and looked even smaller when he snuggled with you. He was so in love with you and so happy to be a daddy.
Your Daddy was a wonderful man!
For many years, we heard stories about your Daddy from his proud parents Mike and Danise Corrigan. We would see them in Mexico, and we looked forward to hearing the news on Emmett's growth in life.
When your Daddy married your Mommy, Mike and Danise were so very proud. Boston and Baily, when you were born...Mike and Danise would light up when they showed us your photos. Teage, I have happy memories of watching your Daddy and you at Poppi's birthday party. Your Daddy was throwing you in the air to land with a big splash in the swimming pool. You would keep coming back for more..and without hesitation, he would throw you again and again. Kaleeya, on the same day of your Poppi's birthday party your Daddy and Mommy shared carrying you up and down the stairs with you smiling at everyone who came your way. Tytus, we hope we can meet you someday..We know your Daddy is looking over you, your brother and sisters.
You are all angels and your Daddy is the biggest angel of all! God bless you all. We are honored to have known Emmett Corrigan! Gail & Skip Harris
I remember moving to Boise with my daughter and knowing no one. Also because I was recently divorced it was a pretty lonely time.....however, as soon as Emmett knew I was in Boise, he opened his arms and doors to my daughter and me. Spending time with such a fun and loving family was a great blessing and it's how I have and will always view Emmett.....a man that would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.....a big muscles guy with an even bigger heart! You're all awesome....and you also have a very special mommy too!
Our real memories with Emmett were our many days spent in Logan together. We lived in the same apartment complex as your mom and dad and we hung out over there A LOT...maybe too much. They were our best friends in the world. Twins...you guys were just babies. We have pictures of us holding you. We got to watch you grow. We sang "Look out for Mr. Stork" together while doing a silly dance. You girls were such easy and happy babies. I remember telling Uncle Grant that I'de give anything to have kids as well behaved as you both were. A lot of that credit goes to your mom and Dad. We wanted to model our parenting style right after theirs. With Emmetts guidance...we would succeed. He gave us loads of parenting advice when Dax was born. I remember one time at church (I think it was Bostyn) but one of you twins hit your head or chin or something on the bench. Your dad immediately ran you out in the hall before the screaming began. Sure enough...blood was everywhere and I think you had to get stitches. Your dad was very loving and kind the way he handled you. Many more memories to follow because there are just tooooooo many and you must know all of them. Writing these memories down is therapy for me.
Teage...little buddy...we were in the hospital when you were born. Your momma was so hungry so Uncle Grant and I brought her a big juicy burger from Carl's Jr. Your dad was so grateful. I am sure he ate most of it. We got to sit for a long time in the hospital lobby talking with your dad. He was so excited to have a son. He loved the name "Teage" and was so proud it was yours. When Dax was born, the first time your dad saw him, he really took to him. It was at Aunt Audra's house at Christmas time when your dad first met Dax. Dax was about 7 or 8 months old. We were having a Christmas party with the family and then got into a family discussion of sorts. Dax was upstairs sleeping but started to cry. Emmett told me to stay put and he took Dax and calmed him down and told us what a sweet spirit he was. It was really fun watching him hold his children, and even more sweet when he held mine with as much care as his own.
Kaleeya- We first saw your Dad with you during Christmas time in 2010. I have never seen a father so smitten with his child. He LOVED holding you and talking about you any chance he got. He wanted to spoil you. He went and bought you a pillow pet just like Dax's because you liked his so much. You look like your daddy. I felt such a connection between you two. He never stopped talking about you.
Tytus-I only ever got to see you with your daddy when you were in your momma's womb. I would watch your daddy massage your mom's aching back and shoulders and cuddle her during movies. He was so excited to be having another boy and again...so proud of the name "Tytus". I wish I could have seen you two together but just know that he loved you just like the rest!
I remember before I left on my mission Tyler and I wanted to come spend some time with Emmett and all of you. So a few weeks before I was to leave we came up to visit you all in Washington. We got to spend a whole week with you all and spending time with Emmett. The thing that sticks out the most is when we went to Sandpoint and went swimming. Emmett Tyler and I were out in the deep and teag came doggy paddling out. Emmett wad just beaming with pride for his little boy and turned to me and and Tyler saying look my son is out here swimmig with us while all the other kids are on the beach or in the shallows. My sons a beast. Later there was a little kid that was bullying Bostyn and Bailey and emmetts daddy bear instincts kicked in and he quickly put an end to that as well. Emmett loved his family and was loved by his family as well.
The Corrigan Children!
You made your daddy's face LIGHT up with any mention of each and every single one of you! He was definitely a proud papa of his twin girlies Bailey and Boston, his big guy Teage (AKA Superman), and of course sweet and sassy Kaleeya. When your family first moved to Meridian, we recognized that we had kids the same age. Dave and Emmett really hit it off, and I also really loved your mama! We had you over for a BBQ and that was when Teage decided to show us all what he was made of. When you jumped off, or flew, or scaled down the roof of our 2 story house and then rang the doorbell with a weird scratch on your forehead ... your dad was FIRST concerned if you were ok, but he was proud. He was so proud of his tough little Teage!!
Your daddy was an amazing man. He had a radiating smile. He was fun to talk to. He could chat it up for hours!! Whenever I think of your dad - I think of his beatiful smile and his gorgeous eyes that each of you kids all have!
He also was a super good cook! He made us prime rib that was ammmmmazing !! He was a great father. He loved you all so very much and it was evident in the way he would talk about his kids!! We will ALWAYS love and miss your daddy!!!
Love,
The Grantham Family
My dear and wonderful Bostyn, Bailey, Teague, Kaleeya and Tytus!
I can't even imagine what you must feel thinking about how badly you miss your daddy! I know how bad it hurt when I was away from my daddy for even a day or two when I was little. And, I even knew that I was going to see him soon!
One of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my life was to be there and assist in telling you that your daddy was gone. I could tell how much you loved your daddy!
I want you to know that your daddy told me many times with his words and his actions how much he loved you! He was very proud to be your daddy and would have protected you with his life if he had to.
When we would go swimming at your Grandpa Mike's he played with you, threw you up into the pool and showed off his skills on the board with gainers and flips! He was quite the athlete!
Teague, every time you even looked at your daddy I could tell that you idolized him and looked up to him! And, when he looked at you, there was a look of such pride and love that only another father would understand. It was a look of hope, excitement for your future together, longing for the best for a son, intense love, playfulness and challenging a son to be the best he can be in all things! He had such great hope and expectations of greatness from you! He wanted you to be a strong leader of people. He knew that you were blessed with those strong leadership and people skills and that is why he knew you were going to go far in life. Follow that path Teague!
Bostyn and Bailey, you were the first little bundles of joy to come into your parent's lives! Your daddy adored you and was very protective of you! There is nothing that he would not have done to protect you. Yet, he worked at teaching you to be strong and independent- to be tough when you needed to be. He didn't like or allow you to whine or complain much because he expected you to get over the little things and not dwell on them.
Little Kaleeya, I know you were so little and can't remember much about your daddy. But, just know that your daddy loved and adored you also. The short time you had your daddy's love will stay with you throughout your life. In this way, he is still with you.
Ashlee, I cannot even begin to try to express the feelings a father has when his daughter has to go through what you have endured. The words are so inadequate. But, your courage, love for your children and Emmett have been a shining light for your kids as well as those who have watched this story play itself out. Through tradgedy comes pain, grief, guilt, remorse and growth. You have truly been a rock for your children. That, in and of itself, is an honor to Emmett. He would want you to move on and make a life for yourself and the kids. That is the man he was.
The times I had any alone, face time with Emmett were very few because of the distance while you were going to school and then, after you moved to Boise and started a law practice. But, I can tell you that in all of our conversations over the years, all of the things he ever said about you were always positive, loving, adoring. I know that he loved you, he loved the kids and would have defended and protected you with his life if he were ever called to do so.
Brent and I first met your family when we moved to Elk. We became great friends with your mom and dad and spent almost every night at your house watching movies/TV, playing the Wii or just hanging out. Your mom and dad are the kind of people who make you feel like you have known them forever. They are both easy to talk to, kind and generous. Your dad would have given anything he had to someone in need.
I remember admiring the roll that you Dad played in your family. He honored and respected your Mom and required you kids to do the same. He wanted to raise you kids to be strong, well behaved, kind, fearless, and loving. He told me once "My kids are my world". I loved that coming from a guy that had so much going for him...that he could be totally smitten by 4 (and later on 5) little children. He also wanted to give you a good life and worked very hard in school. He was very busy that year but always made time for you kids.
I also admired his strong testimony and the love that he had for our Heavenly Father and our Savior. I loved and respected the fact that he CHOSE to have the gospel in his life at an age when people are most likely to make dumb choices. He knew in his heart that the things the missionaries taught him were true. Thanks to our Heavenly Father's plan you will be able to see your Daddy again. I know he is watching you and cheering you on as you go throughout your life.
I can't imagine how you kids must feel right now. You have had to face more trials in your young lives than I have, yet in all the pictures I see of you there are smiles on your faces. You have your Mommy's strength, your Daddy's love and your Heavenly Father's support to get you through this tough time.
Hey Ash, thanks for letting me tell your beautiful childrens my memory of their daddio! Emmett was pretty awesome! The one thing that sticks in my mind about Emmett is that he always treated Evan and I like family. He always told the kids we were uncle Evan and Aunt Emily. It made us feel so special especially cuz we loved your family and didn't have much family in Boise. We loved being with you guys every Halloween and New Years. It was so nice just feeling like family with you guys even and Grandpa Mikes house! The other thing we Loved about Emmett was his awesome ability to cook! He definitely knew how to cook his meat and it was never a big deal to let us come over and eat your food. I loved how he would treat Brookie almost as his own and he would tell Teage how him and Brooklyn were gonna get married someday. We loved coming to your house in Elk and "hiking", eating, and fishing in the pond. We had a blast. Emmett always had a sense of what others were feeling and could tell if something was bugging me. He was easy to talk to and always shot for the underdog! We love you guys more than you know and will cherish our memories with your Daddio! He sure was a spitfire and he definitely made our times with you guys exciting! We love you kids and miss you terribly! Your dad loves you so much and I know he is hands on with you all more than you know. Love, Aunt Emily
If you are having a hard time leaving a message try signing into a google account or leave as anonymous and just sign your name. Thanks everyone! This is going to be so healing for my little ones!
We pray for you often and hope you feel our love for you! Your Daddy made us laugh so much. He was always so proud of you and all you could do. One memory that comes to mind is when we were at Papa Mike's birthday party and he had you come in the living room to perform for us...he had you do your various "tricks", your latest song, story or joke. Then when you left he would tell us all about them again and we would laugh. He was so proud of you and just loved showing you off. We all loved it too, that's for sure. I only saw him with Tytus once I beleive. It was when Abby was holding Ty and Daddy was sitting at the table talking to Jason and out of nowhere he got up and came over to all of us huddled around Ty and jumped in and kissed him so hard on the mouth. It was so sweet. We all giggled but it was as if he just couldn't sit there away from him without kissing him. He loves each of you so much and wants you to be happy and make good choices so you can be an eternal family. We love you so much and appreciate your examples of courage and strength. Love you all, Uncle Jason and Aunt Bergen (I always thought it was cute how he taught you to call us that with no relation :) it made me feel special from the day I met each of you. xoxoxoxx)
Daddy Emmett was the proudest daddy I've ever seen! He loved being part of a large family and always wanted lots of kids of his own. Both he and Ashlee loved to have lots of people around to love and have fun with! So as each of you were born, their joy and happiness just got bigger. They both think you're the greatest thing that's ever happened to them! I know they love you SO much and always want what's best for you. One of the greatest things about your dad is his ability to love other people. He was an excellent friend, always concerned about how other people were doing and welcoming to everyone. He was full of life and fun! I'm sure he misses all of you and watches over you always. I know you'll see him again someday & get to give him the most hugs and kisses EVER!!!
I don't even know where to start. We shared many fun times with your dad Emmett, mom Ashlee, and siblings Bailey Bostyn and Teage. We spent many times at the Couer D'Alene lake watching the kids play in the water. We spent many days at your house playin in the pond, riding four wheelers, exploring the outdoors, taking pictures, laughing and having a good time, eating delicious food that Ashlee made, and watching Emmett and Taylor work out together and talk fitness. We grew very close to this little family and considered you all our closest friends. We loved your daddy Emmett, he was always willing to lend a helping hand. We were and are still very saddened by the loss of Emmett, but will always cherish the memories we have with him and his sweet family. Your daddy loved you very very much and is watching after you and smiling down on you all. Never forget that! I wish I had the space and time to share all the memories we had with your daddy, but all you need to know is that he was a great man and he loved his beautiful children.
I can easily picture Emmett and what I see is his smile. He had the biggest grin ever and was so very nice. I remember how much he loved all of you. One "picture" memory I have is of the ward halloween party with him in this huge afro that seemed almost as tall as he was :)
i LOVED Emmetts honesty. He always said what needed to be said even when it was easy or popular. The world needs more people like Emmett. People who stand up for what they believe in and don't care if others don't agree. I also loved to talk sports with Emmett!
Emmett was welcoming and loving to me from the very moment we met, and I'll never forget that. He invited me into your home and was a great friend to me. I will always cherish the memories of our conversations and the advice he gave me that helped steer me in my academic pursuits. He was warm and cheerful, and was always there to help me when I needed it. In many ways, I want to grow up to someday be like my dear friend Emmett. With love, Uncle Alex
Your dad was a cousin, brother, and best friend to me! I loved your dad very much. One of my favorite times in my life was the summer after your dad got home from his mission. He came to bear lake and lived with our grandma, and worked at a jet ski rental shop right next to my work. I worked at the boat marina, so every day for lunch he would hop on a jet ski and come eat with me. We water skied every night after work and everyday was heaven. He had a great sense of humor and loved playing jokes on people. At his work they used to give tours to people on a boat that looks like the bear lake monster. Your dad did most of the talking. He would make up these crazy stories about the monster and how it got there, and just when everyone was into his story he would fall overboard and everyone would scream. They thought for sure that he had been run over. He would laugh and laugh and usually ended it by throwing someone over board!
Your father was a great man. He took care of me just like a brother. He was the very first one to meet your uncle Dillon and made sure to convince all of my brothers that he was great for me, and he was right! I never had a conversation with him that he didn't talk about every single one of you. Bostyn and bailey, you where his first loves. Teage you were his little man and hero. Kaleeya, every story I hear about you I can see your dad's personality so much in you. Tytus your dad was so excited to have another little man and best friend. I love you all so much. We are all here for you anytime you need us. I would love to share everything I know about your dad with all of you. I love you all.
Aunt Whitney
I knew your daddy because I was one of his teachers in law school. Your dad was a very bright student who always had a smile on his face. Family was very important to him. What impressed me most about your dad is his ability to be friends with everyone. I am not of the LDS faith, although I very much admire it. Your dad was kind to me as he was everyone else. He had a very open mind to all kinds of things. That is a sign of intelligence, in my opinion. I miss him too. Ann
I have so many good memories of your dad and you kids having so much fun. We were fortunate to be able to spend so many fun times with your Daddy and Mommy over the years. Watching your Daddy and Mommy bring you into this world and teaching and helping you become such wonderful and happy children has been one of our most precious blessings. Your daddy loved to play with you kids and would love to tell us about the new words, or experiences and things that you all were doing. He was so proud of all of you and loved you so much. One of the more recent memories that comes to mind is when we were all at Bear Lake and your Dad would take you on rides on the 4 wheelers. Emmett and I would load you up on a couple of 4 wheelers and we had a “figure 8 Race Track” that we would ride around on forever and you kids loved to go fast. I especially remember one time when we were headed to the lake from the Jacobson’s cabin, I, Papa Jim, had Bailey and Bostyn, one of you sat in front to drive. Emmett had Teage and was allowing Teage to “Drive”, we were just cruising along, side by side and Teage looked over at us and got a funny smile on his face then turned his head back, leaned forward and “cranked the throttle” full open. The 4 wheeler lunged forward and caught Emmett unprepared but he quickly recovered, gave Teage a bewildered look and began to laugh, we all laughed hard and headed down to where everyone was hanging out at the beach.
Some comments left on face book:
Spokane was a special and challenging time for our family, and it would not have been possible without the love, support and friendship of your family. Thank you Emmett, Ashlee, Boston, Bailey, Teage, Kaleeya, and Tytus. These are some of our memories of Emmett Corrigan. We want you to know that we found him inspirational as a husband, father and as a carnivore, of course.
Pulling into the Oz Fitness parking lot at 4:58 am and finding Emmett with a really confused look on his face as to how the gym could not be open until five. Isn’t everyone raring to go 4:45? Imagine Emmett’s physique and then imagine mine; now think about us working out together. He was a good sport to unload literally the entire bar so I could alternate sets with him.
Emmett had an infectious smile, but I am sure that you all know that. He would smile at you and you could do nothing but just smile right back at him. Tough guys aren’t supposed to make everyone around them smile, but he didn’t have a choice. That was just who he was.
Emmett and I figured out that we were in the MTC at the same time. How did we figure this out? Because Emmett told a story about someone showing up to gym time in shorts and just their garment top, and that person happened to be me. I was just cracking up as he was telling the story about some poor little kid rolling into the gym in his garment top.
“Meat with a side of meat.” Do we even need to say anything more? That prime rib you guys made still goes down as the best we have ever had. He sure loved your cooking Ashlee. Lins and I are always thinking about that hand-made recipe book you guys have and Emmett, just giddy, looking through the recipes saying, “Ash make this.”
He loved his family. His desire to be at home and to play with the kids left me wanting to be a better father. I can’t stop thinking about that “mad face” he would make and yell TEAGE! And then as soon as Teage would get close that infectious smile would creep across his face and Teage would start smiling as well. He knew that the game was on with dad. “Brosef” still gets used in our house from time to time, and credit must be given to Emmett for that one.
He was a good man Ashlee. He loved you immensely. He lived for his children. He will be missed, but certainly not forgotten.
Machan family
A friend sent me a copy of some of the memories on a memorial page...
David Tara Sloan Painter
Been a while man... Breaks my heart to think of ur kids growing up not knowing their father. I hope that one day they can learn about you from all the people that u touched in ur life.
I challenge everyone to post a memory of Emmett so his kids can understand how we remember their dad. I'll start with the first reply.
David Tara Sloan Painter
I remember in Brazil we were baptizing a family and the jump suit thing I was wearing was ridding a little high. He was filming and would not stop cracking jokes in English so only the 4 Americans understood. He was not fazed at all but kept feeding off the fact that the 3 of us were laughing so hard and turning all kinds of red. We laughed about that night for weeks. Emmett was quick and witty.
February 12 at 9:52pm
Chawchi Machado
I remember whe were having a game night one saturday, and no one came but my family, and he would not stop fooling around, and it came to the point that he started pulling cartwheels, not to my dismay he ripped his pants from back to front right through the crack, I nearly peed my pants I was laughing so hard.
February 12 at 10:05pm
Kenna Wood Taylor
I remember after he was 1st baptized that my Dad would swing by Emmett's house and have him go Home Teach with him!
February 12 at 10:25pm via mobile ·
Brent Phillipy
I remember Emmett as we would get together and swim at the lake and BBQ....they were always so great to be around.
February 12 at 10:54pm
Cathie Wilder
I remember Emmett as a little boy, playing with our sons Dylan & Ryan, in the mud at Lucky Peak, camping in the Sawtooth mountains with his Dad & Danise, playing Optimist football, doing cannonballs in the backyard pool......I remember.........
February 12 at 11:39pm via mobile ·
Michelle Dodds
Cannonballs for sure in the pool!!!
February 12 at 11:43pm ·
Adam Winger
I have fond memories of working on the Monster Boat at Bear Lake with Emmett. He would just off the side and swim under the pontoons. The kids on the tour would think the Bear Lake monster at e him. He would hold on to the chain under the boat all the way back to shore. The poor kids were convinced he was eaten. There are just too many Bear Lake stories to recount. I miss you Emmett.
February 13 at 8:07am ·
Jason Blackwell I remember Spending 4th of July in Yahachts Oregon. Emmett holding Boston and Bailey one in each arm
February 13 at 8:49am via mobile ·
Jason Blackwell Watching the fireworks show from the beach!
February 13 at 8:49am via mobile · Like · 1
Lindsay Hessing Byram I met emmett when I was a freshmen in high school and I have A lot of memories with him in them. The funniest one I can think of right now is when I was up at Ricks college and he had just got home from his mission. I hadn't seen him in two years and he work me up in my bed and the first think he said was how glad he was that I hadn't joined the freshman fifteen.
February 13 at 11:17pm via mobile ·
Trevor Jacobson
I was staying with Emm and his family in Elk Washington when they got about three feet of snow overnight. Without a hitch he and I were off, plowing out I swear everyone in the whole town. He wouldn't go home until everyone he knew was snow free- somehow I didn't mind that we didn't get home until 3:00 am. He kept me entertained in that small tractor all night. One of thousands of memories- there was never a dull moment.
February 15 at 1:22pm via mobile
Wow I miss you guys. I sure miss your daddy too. Remember how loud his vioce was and how big his hugs were. how high he threw you when he got home wow its alot to miss. Since bostyn and bailey are about to be baptised I thought Id tell you about the day I baptised your daddy. It was a really cold day in Bear Lake. Your daddy was dressed in all white. We walked down to the beach at the lake. your daddy said a prayer and your daddy's bishop said a prayer thanking Heavenly Father for the chance for to be baptised. We walked out into the lake the water was freezing cold and the wind was blowing way hard. The waves where cold and they would spash up on us and be so cold. there was me your dad and Fiint and Kyle in the water. Flint and Kyle where the wittnesses and made sure not even your daddys toe came out of the water. It was hard for me not to cry I loved your daddy so much and so happy he chose to be baptised. I said the prayer and lowered your daddy into the water. The water didnt seem cold anymore and I was so happy I could tell jesus and Heavenly Father were happy too. What happened next surprised us all your dad reached over and grabbed Kyle he was so strong he picked up Kyle and threw him into the water. I ran as fast as I could and barely got away from him dunking me too. It was one of the happiest days of my life. I think your mommy or grandma Raedeane have a picture they can show you. God bless you little one I pray for you all day everyday
Whenever I think of Daddy Emmett with you kids, it makes me smile. He loved each of you so very much, and he loved having fun with you. One of my favorite memories of your daddy was a family reunion we had at Bear Lake. We all had such a wonderful time boating, hunting for buried treasure in the sand, and playing a game of tug-o-war. your daddy was having a blast playing with you and your cousins. Papa Jim took all of you on four wheeler rides, and Grammy Rae helped me fill water balloons for a gigantic water fight! I hope you can remember this too! Another favorite memory was when Baby Tytus was born. We came to Boise to meet this new little member of your family. Papa Jim, Grammy Rae, and even great-grandma Rae were there. We had so much fun dancing in the playroom with Bailey, Bostyn, and Kaleeya, and watching the movie Cars over and over again with Teage! What a special time we all had together...I will never forget it. I love and miss all of you.
I love your Dad. I loved him when I first heard his name and I love him to this day. He loved your mom so much, he married her and they started a family. Family meant the world to your dad. He wanted a ton of kids--and I think God sent him some of the BEST. I remember the births of all of you and how proud he was to be a father. Your mom and dad WANTED every one of you--do you know how special it is to be wanted and loved so much? As you grew I remember the love sack tosses, the swimming adventures (in the lake and at popi's), the outside grilling, the friends invited over, the toughness challenges, the ATV and tractor rides, and the stories of what all of you were doing and learning. Your dad was strong, loving, tolerant, smart, and driven. I love him most because he gave us ALL OF YOU!!!
My dearest children. Today I have thought of thousands I memories of your Daddy Emmett. This week on the 6th would have marked our 8 year anniversary. We had 7 years together filled with much love and laughter. Like all families we had hard days, but for the most part we had what I thought a pretty perfect family. Today I want to tell you what I know Daddy Emmett wants you to know. He wants you to be the best you can be. He wants you to have healthy relationships and always honor and respect the relationships you are blessed with in your life. He wants you to know he is proud that you have a new Daddy who loves you and that you have had the strength to move forward. That is exactly what he wanted you to do, in fact he has played a part in many of the decisions and blessings that have come into your lives since he died. He wants you to be happy. He wants you to remember him but to live your new life in away that will bring him honor. He wants you to honor your new daddy and your mommy too! He doesn't want you to live in fear, but he wants you to have faith that if you follow the teachings of Jesus and have and live your testimony in him... All things will work out for your good. He wants you to find good in others and in yourself. He wants you to know he wasn't perfect and he made mistakes, so does mommy, and so will you. Repentance is so important in your every day life. He wants you to Please forgive all wrongs that have come upon you in your few short years, because it is forgiveness that sets us free to be who we need to be in this life. He wants you to know he is proud of each of you in all the good things you do. He loved each of you, and he is proud to have spent your first years on earth with you and will be watching proudly in your many great years to come.
I am Emmett’s favorite Aunt Kathleen. I am sure he made all of his family and friends feel like they were his favorite (but I really was). I still have vivid memories of when Emmett was a brand new baby. He was 24 days older than my daughter Jennifer. Shortly after Jennifer was born; Mike, Radeane, Emmett and our mom (Romara) came to visit us in our tiny apartment in Utah. I wanted to be the bestest mom I could, so I had sewn over 4 dozen super duper, quadruple layered, pure white cloth diapers for Jennifer. Can you guess how long it takes to continuously turn 48 soiled diapers pure white? Emmett’s much more hip and experienced (24 days) first time parents had the super new disposable diapers. Lucky kid! Emmett was such a happy baby…. and those big, beautiful eyes and such long eye lashes! Oooo La La! He and Jennifer were so beautiful. They cooed and laughed together. What joy and excitement we felt getting these cousins together and loving up our babies.
Bailey, Bostyn, and Teage, do you remember going to Disneyland with Papa Jim, Grammy Rae and your Daddy and Mommy? Kaleeya went with us too in your Mommy’s tummy. Tytus, I know you were on your Daddy and Mommy’s mind even then as a Special Buddy Brother for Teage and your big Sisters.
Our visit to the Princess Castle was a dreamy adventure. The princesses were so happy you were there to see them. Teage, you were the Perfect Prince when you kissed Princess Ariel’s hand. She thought you were so charming especially in your Mouse Ears. Cinderella told you, Bostyn and Bailey, some special secrets, do you remember them? You looked so beautiful in your Princess dresses. Of course, your Daddy hauled his back pack full of all your essentials, as he navigated us through perfect days with the greatest of ease. We even got to see Lightning McQueen and Mater. I think he really liked the Submarine, because he stood in line twice for you to go again. He was so excited about this vacation with you. I hope you still have your pictures. I sure do. In fact, I have taken up picture kissing this past year. Sounds kinda silly, but it has helped a little when I am feeling lonely for you and your Daddy.
We love your family, and we miss your Daddy very much. We know your Daddy is with us all in our Prayers. Your Daddy was always and is still very proud of you. You have special loving hearts just like him. We are sending you tons of kisses and hugs. Give your Daddy Shawn and Mommy a hug for us.
Grammy Rae
One of my favorite things about Emmett was his laugh. It was so boisterous that could get me laughing pretty hard. It was usually accompanied with his tongue hanging out of his mouth, too.
Emmett and I used to love to quote Nacho Libre and he, especially, was really good at it! He used to teach the girls when they were little things from the movie to say. A particular favorite of mine was when he would make the girls slap his hand and then would ask, “Who says that?” and the girls would answer in a high pitch squeal, “NACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo”!
One of my most cherished moments with Emmett is when I was struggling with being home from my mission and he gave me a priesthood blessing. He told me to not let spiritual blinders come over my eyes but to keep them as open as they were on my mission. That way I could always follow the Savior fully in my life. I will really try to live up to that blessing and warning for Emmett cause I know that is what he is praying for me to do.
I could always count on Emmett to give me good counsel and advice. He always seemed to care so much about my life and wanted me to be happy. Whether it was money, college, spiritual, or boy advice he was always so willing to share his knowledge and opinion with me to help me out. He even told me how cool Alex was and that I shouldn’t let someone like him go…I guess it eventually worked out according to Emmett’s opinion. In fact, he probably thinks that my marriage to Alex was his idea ;) I always admired his vigor and love of life. He was a friend to everyone, especially the one left out. He was one of my very best friends. Thank you Emmett for all the wonderful memories that we shared. I love you!
We met your mommy and daddy while going to Law School in Spokane. We instantly grew to love an appreciate your family. Your parents are so kind and giving. They look out for other people and I instantly felt like they were friends. I was impressed by the talent of your mom she came and took pictures of our little family one morning...I was also impressed that your busy Dad would spend an entire morning away from his studying and other intrests to help out at home so that your mom could be out helping our family. As I grew to know your family better it didn't suprise me that your dad would rather be with you guys that studying at the school any day.
I remember one afternoon going to the pool with a bunch of neighbor moms and their kids...it wasn't long before your dad showed up. The only dad that came to the pool he was instantly laughing and playing with all you kids. Whenever I saw him with you guys he was happy and smiling you could tell that he loved each of you very much and enjoyed the time that he was able to spend with you guys. As your parents were packing to leave Spokane you came to play at out our house. We made turkey cupcakes and dinner for your family. I remember your dad not once but multiple times telling me how great it tasted and if he could get all the recipes. It really wasn't anything extraordinary but that was just the kind of person your dad was. He went out of his way to make us feel appreciated like we were some of his dearest friends when really we had just met him a few months before. He had a kind heart and a happy demeanor. We learned a lot from just the example of your father and mother. We really grew to love and admire your family in the short time we knew them in Spokane. He was an incredible person!!!
Love The Barrus Family
What I will remember most about Emmett is how inclusive he was of everyone. It didn't matter who you were or how he knew you, he always made an effort to connect with people and make them feel important. I will forever miss the debates over sports, politics, religion, etc. (no topic was off limits). He was a great brother-in-law to me and my wife Jenn.
Miss you bro. I'll see you again.
Josh
I remember Emmett playing with his kiddos and having a glow in his eyes. He looked as if he was having the time of his life!! We love you!
Love,
Aunt Val
Your father Emmett had the strongest desire to help others. A quality that we really admire in a person. A couple years ago, we needed some help making a decision that involved the law and we were told your dad could help us. We called his office to ask him our brief and not only did he call us back but also sent us an email giving us detailed advise on how to move forward with our decision. Some time went by and he even called to check on us to see if there was anything else we could do.
There was also a time when your mom and dad were at a get together with us; I remember the conversation being about each of you kids. Your dad had so much passion when he talked about you and your mom showed such deep love and concern for your well being.
Your dad loves you very much and walks with you daily...you just can't see him BUT you can feel him I bet. :)
Always know that your dad loves his babies very much and NOTHING will ever change that.
Take care you little sweeties!
Loni and Russ Lamm
Emmett had a great smile and made you feel so comfortable...like he had known you forever. We would have these conversations about whatever was happening in our lives at the time. He was a good listener and counselor. He was so dynamic and I'm sure a great lawyer because he was so enthusiatic about everything he did. He enjoyed life and people. I'm sure he is watching over you all from heaven. Love Helen Harding Lewis (Grandma Teri's cousin)
When I first met Emmett we moved into the same apartment complex as he and Ashley. He was very friendly and we became friends very quickly. We moved and not long after Emmett and Ashley moved into our new complex. We again hung out and let the kids play. Emmett always asked about my school, family and life. He was a caring person and I really enjoyed his friendship. He was someone who was willing to give what he could and help where he was needed. I really enjoyed the summer days out on the playground at the apartment complex, watching the kids play and having Emmett cook burger, hotdogs, and sausages for everyone. From Jon
Hi Corrigan Kids,
We knew your mom and dad when they lived in Logan. We were lucky that we lived close to each other for a few years. We spent many days together outside playing at different parks. Your mom and dad had a special talent of turning an ordinary get together into a party. There was always room for more people, more food, and more fun. Emmett was so excited to become a dad. I remember him wrapping up the little girls like burritos and sitting and cracking jokes with a baby sleeping on his chest. He always had a good sense of humor and liked to play jokes on any kids who happened to pass by. He loved all kids, but especially his kids. He was a good friend and a wonderful father and we will always miss the Emmett we knew and loved during those Logan days. Love, Mary
I met your dad when we worked together while he was finishing law school in Boise. I was always impressed with his love of life and his strong desire to do what was right. I always loved going to lunch with your dad. He would always get chicken, sometimes he would eat a whole rotisserie chicken; it always made me laugh. But the thing I remember most is his love for you. He was so excited the day that we took a long lunch so that we could go to the zoo to see you, your mom, and your aunt. He talked so much about you and was so proud to be your dad. I will never forget his excitement when he told me stories about you; he was an amazing example of how a dad should love his children. -Josh Bishop
One night it was getting late and Uncle Grant and I were just about to leave Your parents' house, when Emmett came out in his favorite purple swimsuit and did a funny dance for us. Uncle Grant and I were laughing so hard, tears came out of our eyes.....I think your mom was laughing of embarrassment...haha...Anyways, I will never forget that and he told me I never would either!
Uncle Grant and Aunt Heather
I loved your dad Emmett very much. My favorite moments I spent with Emmett was the entire summer after he returned home from the mission field. He lived in Bear Lake for that summer and it seemed that I spent time with him everyday. He was the type of person that made you feel like a million bucks. I truly enjoyed every moment with him. He treated me like his own brother and often would tell me that he considered it such. Whenever I think of your daddy Emmett I have to smile because Emmett always made me smile and laugh. After a few years just by chance we both lived in Logan and that is where I met your wonderful mother. We along with the Mitchell family would get together and have so much fun. I really loved those times I spent with your daddy. He was the most loving and caring person and also someone that made you want to be a better person. He was always telling or playing a joke. He loved to laugh and hated to see anyone sad. When he did happen to see someone sad he seemed to always know what to say to cheer them up. I often asked him if he was human due to never witnessing him upset or distressed in anyway. Your daddy Emmett was always happy and cheerful. He always talked to me about how much he loved your mother. He never let a time go by without telling me how much he adored his beautiful children and how proud he was to be a daddy to you all. He bragged about you guys all the time. He was one of my best friends.
Love you...Joe
Hi Corrigan Family,
My name is Maria, I am Kyle Corrigan's Mom (Kyle is your Daddy's cousin). I first met your daddy when he was only 1 year old! He came to visit with his Mom and Dad and I remember how beautiful his eyes and eyelashes were. He would sit on my lap so I could read him stories...he loved stories. I got to see him grow up to become a wonderful young man and I knew he would always help people. I loved his hugs and his beautiful smile too. He will always be inside each of you, forever and ever. Take care of each other like he took care of you.
Maria
Corrigan kids…
I met your dad in March 2000. I was his first missionary companion after he got to Brazil, and he was my last before I went back home. We spent four incredible months together that I will never forget. We had some amazing experiences that were full of joy, and also some very difficult moments that forced us to rally together and rely on one another. Although four months doesn’t sound like long, we became incredible friends and I quickly came to feel that your dad was like a brother to me. Even in the years since our time together in Brazil, your dad was the only friend I had who always told me that he loved me. And when he said it, I knew he meant it. I didn’t doubt for a second that he would do anything in the world for me if I ever needed it. Your dad was full of life, energetic, hard working, committed, funny and caring. And if there was one thing he loved above all else, and that he was most proud of, it was you. His kids. I know he loved you more than anything. Don’t ever forget that. He loved you and he still loves you. And I know he is looking down on you now, and he’ll be watching over you as you grow up. Make him proud in the things you do and the people you become, and never forget the legacy he has left for you. I know that I will never forget your dad, my brother, Emmett.
Much love,
Spencer Lake
To my sweet nieces and nephews:
I just want you to know that I loved Emmett like a brother. He always wanted the best for you kids. He would always talk about you and in his words would "sing your praises" all the time. I'm grateful I got to live with you and see how much he loved you. You have so many good qualities from him in all of you. He will be missed dearly, but we can see him in each of you every day. Take the good from him and live it and just know that he is always with you.
Love your aunt Ali
This is an email from emmett to me while Bostyn was in the hospital. Thought it would be something she would love to know. Jason Lee
Hey Broski:
Thanks for the email and the compliments. Yeah, last week was nuts. I was frustrated with not being able to do anything, so I fasted for 3 days. I can't even tell you how rough it was Bro. I was so afraid my daughter was going to lose her eyesight. I think at one point I prayed for like 5 hours straight and asked the Lord to make me blind if it would take away any chance that Bos would lose her sight. I don't think I have had another experience bring me close to understanding the Savior and his atonement. For one of the first times in my life, I was perfectly willing to sacrifice my sight, my life or whatever I needed to sacrifice for the happiness and health of my little girl. I would have done it in a heart beat and that is what Christ did for us. Of all of God's creations his children are his greatest glory...I think that everyday now. I can't even begin to tell you how much you are going to love Jada, it is indescribable. I am pumped for you to be a dad, it rocks. Honestly, in the same spirit that you wrote your email in, I can confidently say that I have looked up to you as a friend as long as I have known you. Quite frankly, there hasn't been a time in my life where I didn't want to follow your example. You are going to be an unreal dad. Anyway, call whenever you guys want. I love you like a brother man, thanks for always being there for me and my fam.
Much Love,
Emmett
Post a Comment